Morey’s Piers & Beachfront Waterparks Announces
Season Opening and New Offerings for 2013
Freshly Renovated Zoom Phloom Attraction, New Soggy Dollar Beach Bar and Much More
The Wildwoods, NJ (February XX, 2013) – Located on the boardwalk in the Wildwoods, New Jersey, Morey’s Piers & Beachfront Waterparks kicks-off its 2013 season with the grand opening of Mariner’s Landing Pier on March 30th and 31st. Guests visiting the classic shore side destination this summer will enjoy a variety of new and improved attractions on every pier from thrill-seeking rides to flavorful food offerings, and much more.
Mariner’s Landing will make its season debut Easter weekend, Saturday, March 30th from noon to 6pm and Sunday, March 31st from 11am to 6pm with a spring ticket sale of discounted season passes, waterpark and pier admissions and MOR-EZ ticket cards.
Special Easter celebrations on Sunday, March 31 run from noon until 5:00pm and include strolling entertainment of stilt walkers and jugglers, face painting and pictures with the Easter Bunny at the Parent’s Pavilion. Kids can help design and color Morey’s “Monster Mural” and children 12 and under can pick an Easter egg for a chance to win an assortment of fun prizes, including two Special Edition Morey’s Piers Beach Cruisers by Zippy’s Bikes.
New and improved attractions for 2013 include:
- The famed Zoom Phloom attraction received a full makeover. Drawing inspiration from the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Morey’s Piers’ “Sea of Life” Zoom Phloom ride features seals and sea life hand carved out of the existing rockwork by Joe Pez of Concrete Links, the same artist who carved the rocks, logs and waterfalls of River Adventure with a steak knife last spring.
- Ocean Oasis Waterpark introduces the new Soggy Dollar Beach Bar highlighting a wide selection of lively libations with a local flair. The Soggy Dollar Beach Bar is easily accessible from the beach or boardwalk and also features a menu of casual fare.
- A freshly renovated, Boat Tag attraction on Adventure Pier promises to deliver more boom, bang and pop this season. The new attraction will feature repurposed apache helicopters, new bombs, depth charges, a floating mine and much more.
- Located throughout Mariner’s Landing and Surfside Pier, new interactive benches featuring QR codes will unveil Morey’s Piers history when guests scan codes using their smartphone.
- Joe’s Fish Co., located on 26th and the Boardwalk, invites guests to savor seafood, brick oven pizza, craft beer, wine, margaritas and more, rain or shine. This summer the restaurant will debut a new roof covering on the second floor.
- Starting with the summer 2013 season, visitors of Morey’s Piers & Beachfront Waterparks can indulge their sweet tooth with soft serve ice cream. At Raging Waters Waterpark guests can also enjoy a flavorful River Float, Morey’s take on the classic Root Beer Float, as they cruise around the River Adventure.
- New shaded structures will be installed throughout Mariner’s Landing Pier to help guests escape the hot and hazy summer sun.