By Boardwalk Bob Ingram
With this year marking Wildwood’s 100th anniversary as a municipality, a planning session was recently held at city hall to get the celebration ball rolling.
Led by Drs. Susan Schaefer, principal of Schaefer Communications, LLC., the afternoon-long brainstorming meeting focused on the various possible events to highlight this most significant year in Wildwood’s history.
Attending the meeting were:
- Jodi DiEduardo of Crest Savings Bank
- Caroline Ann Ranoia of Catamaran Media
- Steve Tecco of the Hotel/Motel Association
- Tracey DuFault of the Chamber of Commerce
- John Lynch of the Wildwoods Convention Center
- Dennis Anderson, superintendent of the Wildwood schools system
- Gary McGhee of the Classic Car Auction
- Clark Doram of Morey’s Piers
- Mike Porch, Wildwood public information officer
- John Roat of the Wildwood Historical Society
- Dan McElrevey of the Doo Wop Preservation League
- Wildwood Mayor Ernie Troiano, Jr.
- Ellen DeVito, confidential assistant to the Wildwood Office of Commissioners
- Bob Ingram of this Blog
This group worked extremely well together and generated a wealth of ideas to make Wildwood’s Centennial something to remember for another 100 years.
Stay tuned to this blog for ongoing reports on the Wildwood Centennial – and join in and enjoy the events you’ll see highlighted here.