A coastal storm is expected on Saturday.
A strengthening area of low pressure is forecast to pass off the southeast coast tonight before moving out to sea on Saturday.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 3 AM to 6 PM EST Saturday.
- Location: southeastern New Jersey, Central Delaware and the southeastern Shore of Maryland.
- Hazard type, snow.
- Snow accumulations: 4 to 7 inches.
- Timing: snow will overspread the area from the south late tonight into early Saturday morning and could become heavy at times during the morning and early afternoon. The snow will taper off from west to east during the late afternoon.
- Impacts: hazardous travel can be expected on Saturday with snow covered roads and poor visibility.
- Winds: northwest 5 to 10 mph late tonight, increasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts around 30 mph along the coast Saturday afternoon.
- Visibilities: one half mile or less at times.
- Temperatures: in the mid to upper 20s.